Are you a last minute Christmas shopper? Are you starting to panic at what to get for that special lady in your life? Here are some last minute gift ideas from my very own Lust List that may sort you out in time for Christmas!
Kikki heels by Tony Bianco in Clear Vynalite/blush Kid Suede – size 7
Perpex heels have popped up over and over in the last few years and each time I am utterly obsessed with them. This pair by TB takes it just one step further with a barely there look, ideal for so many situations – a subtle shoe to wear under a gown, a unique point of interested paired with jeans, with your favourite party dress and a perfect pedi. It’s the must have shoe this festive season.
Gel nail polish by Sally Hansen in “Pink Pong” or “Jaded”
For those frustrated with nail polish that chips after one wear, DIY gel nail polish kits have been a god send. Extending the life of your mani to around 2 weeks with impeccable shine and toughness, I can’t recommend this product enough. It takes a little longer to apply and the nail polish is more expensive, but considering the salon quality results that you get it’s well worth the time and money. I’m loving the colours by Sally Hansen, in particular Pink Pong and Jaded.
French Terry Dressing Gown by Target in Grey – Size XS
I would love some sort of cover-up to throw on over my pj’s in the warmer months, especially considering I’ll be up at all hours of the night and early morning very soon, most likely with my boobs out! My recommendation is one made from jersey not silk as it can be tied shut whereas silk robes are just a bit too slippery to stay modest. I’m loving this one from Target – basic yet oh so comfy.
Louis Vuitton Pochette Métis in classic monogram
$2,290 available here
What Lust List is truly complete without an outrageously expensive dream bag? While I’m not a big fan of LV I have coveted this bag for so long with it’s easy wearability and it’s deceptive spaciousness. Everytime I bump into Ink and Leathers I can’t help but caress his and that is just inappropriate!
Gucci Bamboo $69.99 available here
Dior Addict Fraiche $135 available here
Over the last few years I’ve really culled down my perfume collection. I make sure that I am only ever using 2 at a time – an everyday perfume and a night time scent. At one stage I had 10+ bottles of perfume cluttering up my shelf and going stale and it all just became overwhelming. My tip is to pick out two and refrain from purchasing any more until you run out of your current ones. This year I have my eye on Gucci Bamboo for day, and Dior Addict Fraiche for night. Always opt for Eau De Parfum over Eau De Toilette as parfum contains a much higher concentration of fragrance and last longer.
As my age creeps up and my kid count is also doubling, the stress is taking a toll on my skin and I’ve had to think more carefully about the products I use on my skin. I suffer from pigmentation, loss of skin elasticity and puffy bags under my eyes! No wrinkles as yet but I’m sure they are just around the corner. At the moment I am loving the use of oils as part of my skin care. I use oil in my hair, as a body lotion, as a body wash and face wash. It cleanses without drying out your skin and leaves a suppleness behind that regular skin products does not.
Some recommendations I’d like to try are below:
Kiehls midnight recovery oil
• Regenerates, restores, and replenishes skin for smoother, healthier skin
• Works with the skin’s natural nocturnal activity – when skin is most receptive to repairing itself from daily aggressors – to dramatically restore skin
• 99.8% naturally-derived and paraben-free oil for face
Sunday Riley Power Duo – Good Genes and Luna Oil
In use together, this power product duo uncovers more radiant, moisturized skin while promoting evenness of skintone. Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment exfoliates and moisturizes the skin while smoothing the appearance of fine lines. Luna Sleeping Night Oil contains a powerful, yet gentle trans-retinol ester and moisturizing botanical oils to reduce the appearance of pores, fine lines, and sun damage while preventing flakiness and irritation.
When I had my fashion garage sale this year I pretty much got rid of ALL my costume jewellery which I am slowly replacing with quality minimalist pieces that can be work daily. While I have a ton of sterling silver Tiffany’s jewellery I’m lacking in the gold and rose gold department. You need not spend much on gold plated jewellery, you can get 18k gold plated jewellery online for around the same price as Lovisa without the fading and oxidising. Here are some of my picks.
18K Gold Plated Simple Heart Necklace, $8.99 available here
Ticket to the Open Air Cinema
What’s more romantic that cuddling up under the stars and enjoying a movie together on a summer evening? A movie date to the Open Air Cinema is a special treat only open for the summer months so get in quick and grab a ticket. I highly recommend including bean bag lounger with your purchase for added comfort and packing a picnic dinner and bringing a warm blanket + mozzie spray. The event will be held at the Patrick White Lawns until 19 February 2017.
Are you after something a little more special that shows you’ve put in a ton of love, care and thought into your Christmas gift? How about putting together a terrarium? Super easy and thoughtful, it may be a lot more time consuming that just buying something from a store but is sure to score you brownie points on the thoughtful ness scale! Below are some easy instructions to build your own terrarium (c/o realsimple.com)
- Start with a medium-sized, clear glass open-top container. You can use anything that strikes your fancy—a vase, a cleaned-out pasta jar, a fish bowl, or a special terrarium bowl.
- Fill the bottom of the vessel with a 1 1/2-inch layer of small rocks to collect the water drainage.
- Add a layer of potting soil made for succulents and cacti. It should be deep enough for the plants to root to, about 2 1/2 inches.
- Remove the largest plant from its container and dust excess soil off the roots. Using the end of a spoon, make a hole in the soil big enough for the roots and nestle the plant inside, tamping the soil down firmly to hold it in place. Plan for approximately 1 plant per inch of container diameter. Tip: Use a paper towel to transplant prickly cacti to avoid pricking your fingers.
- Continue planting the rest of the succulents, working from largest to smallest. It’s easiest to start at the back of the container and work your way forward. Play around with the arrangement—mixing up the types of plants, colors, and sizes to make it more visually pleasing.
- Once the plants are arranged, add about a 1/4-inch layer of white sand around the plants.
- Finish with some landscaping. Place a few additional pebbles here and there to complete the look.
I don’t know what it is about fairy lights but it just fills me with the warm and fuzzies. Last year we had a brand new patio built in our back yard and this year I’d love to make it feel a little more festive by decking it out with waterproof festoon lighting for that all-year-around happy feeling!