Easy to style, comfortable to wear and instantly elevating the wearer to “well dressed” status. Jumpsuits and their little sister the romper have been a summertime favourite for the last few years however have not really made it out of the weekend wear category. I don’t see why with the right fabric and cut the jumpsuit can’t be work appropriate.
I find it a breath of fresh air when you feel like you’ve exhausted all combinations of blouse and pencil skirt you can throw on a jumpsuit and feel instantly revived.
My tips for styling a jumpsuit for work:
- Pick a fit that is well tailored with clean simple lines for a sleek, professional look. Avoid flowy jumpsuits or those with drawstring or elastic waists.
- Opt for a solid colour – Black or navy are great options. Do not even consider floral, this will put you back in casual wear territory.
- Select a more structured fabric – Avoid flowy or crumply fabrics like linen and silk
- Keep it modest – I would suggest avoiding low cut or sleeveless styles and would recommend a full length hemline for the cleanest silhouette.
- Accessories – Low key accessories and even a blazer will all add to your one piece power suit
Jumpsuit by Zara
Soho Disco bag by Gucci, available here
Photo by Cat Leedon Photographer