Next week I hit a major milestone in life – Thirty!! I’ve been really looking forward to turning 30, I feel like I’ll now be part of classier demographic, I’m now lumped in with young professionals rather than with the doof-doof fist pumpers (though some of that may still be happening on the occasional Saturday night).
So to turn slightly philosophical , what does the number 30 really mean to me?
Here’s a list.
1. Food – I can no longer eat what ever the hell I like… This results in muffins appearing in all sorts of weird places
2. Body pains – I kid you not there is always at least one part of my body that hurts EVERY SINGLE DAY! This year I have visited an osteopath, a physiotherapist, an acupuncturist. I have bought $1200 worth of ergonomic furniture… I have concluded that these pains are here to stay.
3. Glasses – I now wear them
4. Kids – No I don’t have kids – No I am not pregnant – Yes I realise my uterus is ageing – Yes I’ll come visit you soon mum…
5. Clubbing – My feet hurt within the hour and it’ll take me at least 2 days to recover and I’d much rather go to my yoga class in the morning…
6. Wine – something I didn’t touch 10 years ago is now being consumed daily
7. Being irrelevant – young people sometimes don’t know what I’m talking about…
Me: I always wanted to wear suits like Ally McBeal
Young Person: Who’s Ally McBeal?
8. Terminology – Certain words I cannot use – “YOLO”, “totes”, “jelly”, “mirin”, “hashtag”, “this just happened”, “OMG”, “Like a baaws“…
To celebrate my 30th I will be collaborating with my dear friend and amazing photographer Hoan Dang from HD Photography. Though I am turning 30 I certainly don’t feel it and HD and I tried to produce something that captures fit, fun and sensual in one very racy/raunchy photoshoot to see my 20’s out with a bang! I’ve been working hard on my fitness and diet leading up to the shoot and this is likely to be my last stint as a sports model though of course I will keep the fashion photos coming! Too keep yourself in the loop on these posts please “like” my Facebook page for updates, although a prior warning, there will be a lot of bare flesh on show!!