Last week I started my first week of formal education since I completed my undergrad 7 years ago. People have been asking me what it’s like to be back at school and it’s good and bad.
- I am totally the richest student on campus. I can actually buy my textbooks without having to ask my parents for money or forgoing my petrol money! God bless having a salary!
- Cheap booze – on my orientation day I got invited to a foam party, at Academy Nightclub, on a Thursday night, with $3 Jager bombs… unfortunately that boat sailed on me a decade earlier.
- Flexing my brain muscle. It’s exciting to be in a learning environment again and feels good to be super nerdy and sitting up the front asking questions rather than making out with my BF up the back row. Progress!
- I don’t deal well with stress and can already feel panic setting in whenever I think about juggling a full time job, family and friendship commitments, gym regime, blog as well as uni assignments!
- Loss of basic academic skills. I didn’t realise this at first but I’ve forgotten many a vital skill such as essay writing and even how to use a library! Like riding a bike right?
- I can’t wear heels on campus, too much gravel.
This is my “first day of uni” outfit that has to take me from work to school:
|Black and white|
|Photobombed by the cat|
|Details. Can’t pick a necklace to wear? Why not both?|
We are likely to see a lot more houndstooth print and it’s bigger sister harlequin print entering stores over the cooler months. Personally this type of print reminds me a lot of a David Jones bag and should be worn very carefully with block colours and classic cuts.