Ahhh, I’ve just returned from a peaceful day at the Boxing Day sales. Peaceful you say? The Canberra Centre was absolutely dead today! Leaving me free to swam around as I pleased and occupy the change room for as long as I like! Bliss! I feel sorry for the suckers who went in yesterday’s sea of consumers! Here are the best deals that I saw and also my haul for the day. I’m officially now under house arrest and not spending anymore money until next year (that’s only a few days!).
Bardot – Shop J6.8, Upper Floor
A large range of items have been placed on the sale racks and their prices range from $20 – $90. I made some questionable purchases however am convinced I can pull them off. I haven’t worn a crop top since I was 14 but will hit the gym hard to rock this little tangerine number!! The Prim Crop was $59.95 down to $40 and the Audrey Crop High Waisted jeans was $129.95 down to $50.
Total savings at Bardot = $99.90
French Connection – Shop P5.1, Upper Floor
They were offering an additional 20% off sale items which made for some truly cheap buys. They had a number of men’s items on sale however not too much in the way of women’s wear. I did manage to find a winner in this Monique Stretch Mini Skirt with neon zipper detailing. Was $99.95 down to $23.96.
Total saving at FCUK = $75.99
Lululemon Athletica – Shop Q7, Upper Floor
I have been a big fan of the Canadian sport luxe label for years and was so excited to hear that lil ol’ Canberra was getting a store of it’s very own. Lululemon is by no means cheap but when it comes to gym wear I don’t skimp. I may be pretty damn frugal when it comes to most things however as a gym junkie my active wear gets quite a beating and is washed regularly so it needs to stand up to the punishment. Not to mention there is no need to look crappy just because you’re working out 😉
Now the Lulu sale was quite limited in terms of range however they still had a number of quality pieces available. I picked up the Pace-Setter tights which were $109 down to $69, the Inspire II tights were $119 down to $69 and the Speed Quad shorts which were $75 down to $49.
Total saving at Lululemon = $116
Globalize – Shop Q20.2, Ground Floor
These guys have an amazing storewide sale with all items discounted up to 80%. For those young hip things out there, they stock a large range of festival and summer wear and for the guys there are some huge discounts on mens jeans. I picked up this pair of Brothel Creepers* by Uncut for only $30, down from $60.
A soft flexible shoe, generally made from canvas or fabric, with a rubber sole to assist in navigating around a brothel undetected.
Total savings at Globalize = $30
Diva – Shop J6.5, Upper Floor
This is hands down my favourite Boxing Day sale and I look forward to it each year! I have a process where I start by getting a basket from a shop assistant then proceed to make my way slowly from one side of the store to the other then back again. This process takes about 45 minutes and I will buy all the jewellery I need for the next year in one fell swoop! I love it! Diva are offering all sale stock at $8 or under and this applies to almost half of their stock, I’m like a kid in a candy store! So what did I pick up and how much did I save? I clearly have a thing for spikes and chains, must be all the Fifty Shades of Grey I read early this year!
Necklaces (Clockwise from top left):
- Chunky Chain Short Collar in dark titanium- $14.99 down to $6.00
- Chunky Gold Chain Link Necklace – $14.99 down to $6.00
- Pastel Enamel Chunky Necklace in lavender – $16.99 down to $6.00
- Cord and Metal Detailed Collar in navy and gold – $24.99 down to $8.00
- Red Enamel Square Collar – $29.95 down to $8.00
Bracelets (L – R, T-B)
- Brown Chain Wrapped Cuff – $14.99 down to $6.00
- Brown Skull and Wood set of 4 stretch bracelets – $19.95 down to $8.00
- White Oval Links Cuff – $9.99 down to $6.00
- Chunky Wrist Chain in rose gold – $9.99
- Studded Leather Wristband in lime – $12.99 down to $6.00
- Chunky Wrist Chain in gold – free! Shop assistant must of accidentally bundled this into my shopping.
- Basic Spike Stretch bracelet in tortoise – $9.99 down to $6.00
- Rhodium Thin Double Cuff set – $9.99 down to $6.00
- Brown Bronze Cuff – $14.99 down to $6.00
- Brown Double Wrap Buckle Cuff – $14.99 down to $6.00
Total saving at Diva = $122
Lovisa – Shop I6.7, Upper Floor
Diva’s older and fancier sister! I prefer Diva for bargain prices however Lovisa also had some lovely pieces with up to 70% off selected items.
Clockwise from top left:
- Two Arrows Facing ring – $7.99 down to $3.00
- Single Tribal Stretch Bracelet in wood – $9.99 down to $5.00
- Spike Plate Necklace – $22.99 down to $9.00
- Gold hair clip – $6.99 down to $3.00
- Triangle Point Studs in silver – $6.99 down to $3.00
- Mesh Knot Studs in dark rose gold – $9.99 down to $5.00
- Spike and Pyramid Stretch Bracelet in pearl – $12.99 down to $5.00
Total saving at Lovisa = $45.00
So how did I do? Well today I saved a total of $488.89 of regular retail price, I practically made money! There were a number of other sales that I saw that are worth a mention:
Seduce – They had 30% – 50% of selected items however this seemed to include around half the stock in the store. Perfect for formals, weddings or those special occasions.
Guess – They had 50% of STOREWIDE! This includes their range of shoes and bags.
Jay Jays – Have a large rant of sale stock for $10 and under. This included multiple shade of colour block skinny jeans!